Monday, February 29, 2016

The Departure of Decency

Citizen Journalism with a Better Flavor

Primary201
Volume XI, Issue VIII

The Departure of Decency

Let me begin by saying that I honestly wish we were the kind of country who could elect a Ben Carson President. In many ways, I believe that is what the founding fathers would have wanted. I still believe that most Americans want a person of INTEGRITY as chief executive. That said, I believe we are at yet another crossroads... one with dangerous historical precedents. Too many of us are ready to sacrifice decency for pragmatism... or so we think. Actually, a lot of us are ANGRY. Anger makes for poor decisions. Trust me, I've learned this the hard way.

The matter is not made clearer by prominent 'Christian' leaders and high profile public figures endorsing a person who's life should be making them hold their nose to do so. They are public figures, so it is not libelous to suggest that they have been offered positions or favors for their endorsements. I have in private conversations suggested that there is an over-scaled 'Trump Hall'[1.] in Liberty University's future. I understand these things. This is not new. I hope I am wrong, but the other explanations seem, to be quite honest, LAME.

That said, in THYME COMMENTARY [click to read] I have collected some thoughts others have on this. Please read them if you have not considered this before. This is the time for ACTION, not ANGER! Learn about the candidates and VOTE! On Primary Night, might I suggest we all watch that Jimmy Stewart Classic: Mister Smith Goes to Washington [click to watch]. Most important, let us never forget to vote to elevate those candidates who truly represent who we are!

smith
CS_Lewis_Banner